About the Event
What to Expect:
Join us for an amazing adventure to celebrate Indiana University’s 200th anniversary. With this trip, you’ll travel to the birthplace of mountaineering high in the French Alps in the charming... See more
You’ll spend 7 days exploring the historic village of Chamonix, mountaineering in the Mont Blanc Massif, riding one of the tallest gondolas in the world and touring the Aiguille du Midi. You will have the option to sample some of France's culinary classics including fondu, escargot, fromages, crepes, and ofcourse, baguettes!
We have reserved a day in our itinerary to “choose your own adventure”. Options include paragliding over the Alps,rock climbing (via ferrata), whitewater rafting, hiking, or further exploration of Chamonix.
You do not want to miss this amazing experience!
- Lodging while on trip starting the evening of June 11 through the morning of June 17
- Breakfast and Lunch every day
- Dinner on the mountaineering section
- Expert American and local mountain guides
- Lift tickets for mountaineering section
- Tickets for Aiguille du Midi
- Equipment Rentals
- All access to a real person to help you prepare your travel logistics
- Transportation while on trip
What’s Not Included:
- Dinner on all but one night
- Transportation to/from Chamonix before/after the trip
- Choose Your Own Adventure Day Activity Fee
- Travel Insurance
- Rental items beyond what's provided in the “mountaineering package” (i.e. warm jacket, backpack, or gloves)
Challenge Level: Strenuous
During the mountaineering section, on the day of our summit attempt, we will be walking for 7-10 hours. Overall, we will be walking uphill 4,500 feet between the 2 days. While you do not need to be a super athlete to partake in this trip, you should be in good physical shape to undertake the above mentioned challenges. The more fit you are, the more likely you’ll be able to summit and not be too exhausted to enjoy yourself after. To prepare for this trip, we recommend cardio like running, long distance walking, and stairsteps. You should be able to walk 6 miles.