About the Event
What to Expect:
Indiana University Outdoor Adventures is proud to be offering The Swiss Adventure experience to honor Grand old IU’s 200th anniversary. Join your fellow students and alumni on this amazing adventure to... See more
Once in Interlaken, we will go whitewater rafting and take the world’s oldest cogwheel train to the “Rooftop of Europe”, called Jungfraujoch, where we will walk on the glaciers under the towering peaks of the Swiss Alps, like the Eiger! We will reserve a day for you to “choose your own adventure”. Options include paragliding through the peaks and over the valley, stand up paddle boarding or kayaking on Lake Brienz, or going for a hike or boat tour. You’ll also sample some of the finest food Switzerland has to offer including roschti, fondue, and gelato!
- Lodging while on trip in the villa
- Rail and bus transportation tickets while on trip
- Whitewater rafting experience
- Jungfraujoch all access tickets
- Expert guides
- Breakfast and lunch every day of trip
- Access to a real person to help you through travel logistics
What’s Not Included:
- Transportation to/from Interlaken before/after the trip
- Choose Your Own Adventure Day Activity Fee
- Travel Insurance
Challenge Level: Moderate
The physical challenge on this trip comes from walking to explore town and hiking. While we will not be doing any mandatory strenuous hikes, we will be on our feet all day. We recommend you be able to walk 4 miles a day. If you’d like to prepare for this trip, we recommend long distance walking and stairsteps.
No Sections for this Event are currently scheduled.