About the Event
What to Expect:
The Eagle Walk or Adlerweg trail is one of the most breathtaking hiking trails in Europe! Join Indiana University Outdoor Adventures as we celebrate the 200th anniversary of old IU with a trip to trek in the... See more
You’ll spend your “holiday” as real Europeans do with this infamous trek across Austria! You can expect to enjoy beautiful scenery during the day and comfortable lodging in the evenings at some of the most breathtaking alpine huts Europe has to offer.
The “huts” are more like catered chalets, providing beds and delicious home cooked, local cuisine. You’ll also get a chance to explore Innsbruck, home to historical sites and made famous by the movie the Sound of Music.
You’ll not want to miss the opportunity to walk amongst the striking peaks of the Austrian Alps!
- Lodging while in Innsbruck in a hotel
- Lodging on the trail in alpine huts
- Transportation while on course
- All meals except 4 dinners and 2 lunches in Innsbruck
- Expert guides
- Tickets for the cable car
- Access to a real person to help you with your travel logistics
What’s Not Included:
- 4 dinners and 2 lunches while in Innsbruck
- Transportation to and from Innsbruck before/after the course
- Backpack and boots for the trek
- Travel Insurance
Challenge Level: Strenuous
We will be hiking with a pack for the majority of the course. Due to the luxuries of the huts in which we will be staying, we will not be carrying heavy backpacking equipment, but rather should have packs that weigh less than 30 pounds. However, we will be walking from 3.5 to 9 miles a day. While you do not need to be a super athlete to do this mileage with this pack weight, you should be in shape to safely trek at these requirements. We recommend preparing with cardio like running, long distance walking, and stairsteps.
No Sections for this Event are currently scheduled.